Soccer 24 Participant Rules
These rules apply to all participants in Street Soccer Academy’s Premier Fundraiser, Soccer 24, whether playing on the Street Soccer Academy Rep Team for the full 24 hours or playing on a visiting team playing in one of the hourly slots.
If you have any queries regarding these rules please contact SSA HQ on T: 01204 417846 for clarification on any matter.
Soccer 24 is organised by Street Soccer Academy, Unit 1 Boundary Industrial Estate, Millfield Road, Bolton BL2 6QY. Company No. 7370021, Registered Charity No. 1140394
- Participants in Soccer 24 must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Due to changing room requirements and overnight sleeping arrangements the SSA Rep Team will be male only.
- Participants take part in Soccer 24 at their own risk and compliance with the organiser’s recommendations is the responsibility of the the individuals playing on the Street Soccer Academy Rep Team or visiting team’s organisers
As stated above all participants and spectators enter or attend Soccer 24 entirely at their own risk. Street Soccer Academy will not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to participants or spectators property that might occur as a result of their participation or attendance at Soccer 24, other than in respect of any injury or loss arising as a result of our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this clause shall exclude or limit our liability or any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- All participants and spectators must abide by the specific Soccer 24 rules and any instructions or regulations displayed or given on the day by event organisers, facility staff or emergency service personnel.
- We respectfully ask that all participants and supporters do not use aggressive or abusive language towards our event organisers, officials, volunteers or other participants & spectators. You should also avoid behaving in a way which may cause injury or harm to other participants and/or spectators, or which may cause offence or damage the reputation of Street Soccer Academy. We accept that football is a contact sport but would remind all participants that Soccer 24 is a non-competitive event and all participants should play in an appropriate manner.
- We respectfully ask that all participants and supporters do not drop litter but instead use the litter bins located on site.
- Street Soccer Academy reserve the right to ask participants and supporters to leave an event if they do not adhere to these rules.
Health & Safety and Medical
- Soccer 24 is a non-competitive event, with no league points or trophies awarded for winning teams.
- All participants should be aged over 18 years of age.
- Any children attending as spectators should be accompanied by a responsible adult, who will take care of the child’s health and safety whilst attending Soccer 24.
- All participants are responsible for ensuring that they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in Soccer 24. Anyone unsure of their physical ability to take part in Soccer 24 must therefore seek medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the event.
- Notwithstanding rule 4 above, Street Soccer Academy reserve the right to refuse entry to an event in our absolute discretion. if for whatever reason we consider a person unfit to take part. We may also ask you to withdraw during Soccer 24 if we have concerns about your ability to complete it due to fitness, injury or otherwise. If you choose to continue you do so with the understanding that you are no longer considered a participant of Soccer 24 and that you absolve Street Soccer Academy of all and any responsibility, and progress at your own risk.
- All participants are responsible for ensuring that they are wearing appropriate attire (including shin-pads and footwear appropriate for artificial turf) when taking part in Soccer 24
- Street Soccer Academy take all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during Soccer 24. Stringent risk assessment processes are in place for every event which aim to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. By taking part in Soccer 24, all participants acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries please contact us on the telephone number shown at the top of these rules before agreeing to take part in Soccer 24
Sponsorship Money and Donations
All participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship/monies received in connection with Soccer 24 are paid to Street Soccer Academy and we ask that you do this as soon as possible after the event. Money pledged online via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. Cheques should be payable to Street Soccer Academy and these together with any cash donations can be posted or delivered to Street Soccer Academy, Unit 1 Boundary Industrial Estate, Millfield Road, Bolton BL2 6QY
Use of Your Information
- By providing your information when you register for Soccer 24 we will use this information for the purposes of organising and administering the event. In the case of an emergency may also pass personal details provided to the emergency services or health care professionals, and also use them for the purposes of contacting your emergency contact.
- Emergency-aid is available at Soccer 24. If you are provided with emergency-aid at Soccer 24 your personal details, along with details of the event that led to you needing treatment will be recorded. These details way be passed to emergency services or health care professionals, and in the case of serious incidents to health & safety regulators to fulfil our obligations under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrence Regulations 1995. All accident details will be stored securely at Street Soccer Academy HQ in a locked cabinet.
- Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for Soccer 24 or on an online fundraising page.
- All personal information held by Street Soccer Academy will be handled in accordance with privacy laws and Street Soccer Academy’s Privacy Notice which can be viewed at www.streetsocceracademy.co.uk/privacynotice
Filming and Photography at Soccer 24
- Please note Street Soccer Academy (or our authorised service provider and agents) or our commercial partners may film or photograph participants, volunteers and spectators taking part or attending Soccer 24 and use such footage or photographs for the following reasons: i) for Street Soccer Academy to publicise the event for commercial and/or fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, merchandising, and other documents that may be made available to the public; and ii) for our commercial partners to publicise their involvement and/or association with the event.
- No personal details (including names) of any participants will be used in any publicity materials without their written consent.
- Subject to rule 2 above, please only participate in Soccer 24 if you are happy for your image to be used in the manner described in these rules